CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year and New Adventures

Happy New Year!!! This is my favorite holiday! I love the fireworks, and the worldwide celebration! My favorite thing is First Night in Salt Lake City with 60,000 people excitedly bustling around in the cold, the noise, and the many activities and performances to be taken in in so many locations around the heart of downtown, and of course the fireworks.

Since we are in Virginia, we couldn't go to that, obviously, but it's fun to remember. I still love New Year's. At the end of a year I either feel a sense of accomplishment, a relief that it's over, or a combination of the two. And, I feel that I have a clean slate, chance to start fresh and set out on new adventures. Being a military family, with many moves and deployments, every year for us is usually very different from the one before. This past year brought some tough personal challenges, but those challenges presented incredible and unique opportunities for me to grow in some amazing and deeply rewarding ways that are changing the course of my life as I knew it. Yeah, it's that cool. But, sorry, it's personal stuff, so I wont say more than that.

This year will bring a new set of opportunities to grow as we "go Active Duty". We do not know yet where we will be sent, but it will be a whole new world in Active Duty. Really. It has a culture and a language all its own. I have new goals for this year and I can't wait to see how this year unfolds!

5 comments:

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

Happy New Year, Emily!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. There really is something fabulous about the idea of a new year. Its like a big field covered with snow that no one's tromped through...and trees all covered in white! Happy New Year!!!!

Marrian said...

I too love the new year with all the new beginnings that it brings.
I'm excited to hear where you guys will be stationed for your first "active duty" post. How's your husband? Email me and tell me when your husband gets home. Just write the date down with no explanation and I will understand what it means.
Hope you have a super year 2009!

Wendy said...

You are an inspiration! May 2009 be full of love and laughter.

Tom Brandt said...

Hey RocketChic --

Great blog! I enjoyed the pics and seeing Jeff's clip, and just catching up with what's going on. Keep it up, and a belated Happy New Year!

Uncle Tom