CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

My New "Window" into the World

The word "blog" was completely new to me at the begining of this year, but I am now slowly discovering what they are and how they work. (Okay, so I'm a bit behind the curve in the area of cutting-edge technology and the World Wide Web).

The wonderfully accidental discovery...

Upon finding a want add on Criagslist for an old farm window for use as decor, I responded just to find out what ideas the woman had about how to fix it up. I have four of them myself and want fresh ideas. Kelly emailed back with excitement about her plans and sent me a link to a great blog about "Window Mistreatments", which has many links to other blogs. This is my first real "window" into the blog world. I looked at many blogs, and I am begining to understand.

An entirely new world is opening up to me. I am excited to see where blogging takes me, particularly because it gives me a peek into people's lives, to see how they live, how they experience their ups and downs, how they express their wonderful uniqueness.
I love humans. They're so much fun to watch.

2 comments:

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

I'm so excited that you had a blog, Emily! I'm excited to keep up with you all the time! Post lots of pics!

Dad said...

Great to see your blog, your photos, your beautiful watercolor, and to hear about your day at Barnes and Noble. I love you.