CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jeff, Emily, and Marin Anderson...a Military Family

Jeff came home for 2 weeks at the end of August! It was wonderful to actually feel like a family again, even if so briefly, in the middle of 13 long months apart. This is his 3rd deployment since 9/11 and we are ready to be a whole family again.

We are proud to serve our country, and grateful that we can in such a significant way. But being apart for so long really takes it's toll on us as individuals, and as a family. I'm not saying this to complain. It's just how it is. I think any military family would say about the same thing.

I certainly have grown a great deal over that last several years, though, because of the challenges of these deployments, and I am grateful for it. I do love personal growth, stretching to greater heights, and becoming more than I was last year, last month, or even last week.

Honestly, I might be pretty bored in my life without these real challenges to push me so far out of my comfort zone. So, as hard as it is to be married to the military (yeah, pretty much literally!), I know the challenges in my life have been skillfully tailored for me by a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and my potential far better than I know myself. I know that I am well watched out for. What more could I ask for?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

What a beautiful little family you are. It is great to put a face with a name and voice. Awesome blog! Keep it up.

Marrian said...

Hey, it's Marrian. I love the blog. I didn't know your husband was deployed. Where is he? Mine is too, and for his 3rd as well. This is suppose to be a 15 month one but may be cut short.
Click on name above and it should take you to my blog.
Welcome to the blog world :)!

Martha said...

Thank you, Emily, for sharing your life these days with us - and thank you especially for the beautiful photo of you three. Catherine and Burke are in Japan this month. It's a post-deployment vacation for Burke, after his six-month tour in the South Pacific and then on to the Persian Gulf. I so much enjoyed visiting with them in Hawaii for the month of October. They love their home on the island of Oahu, near Pearl Harbor, and I hope they can stay another three years. But as you know, military families go wherever they're sent. Bless you, Jeff, and Marin - and here's to the hope for peace.
Martha

Carrie said...

I am glad you have your blog up and going. You must have figured out how to log back in. Love the picture. I just think that blogging is a great way to keep up with people.

Cathie said...

I am so grateful for families like yours. I can't imagine the sacrifice, but I am so thankful for it. So fun to watch your family through blog!

The Ravsten's said...

We're excited to see that you have a blog. Hope you don't mind if we peak in every once in a while. Glad to hear Marin isn't in casts. Hope things are going well. †hanks for sharing your testimony.

Naomi said...

Emily, that picture is so beautiful! You really are a beautiful family. And I'm excited to have yet one more blog with which to procrastinate--ahem, alternatively allocate my time :). Dave and I don't have a blog, but we may after Baby Sloan arrives...