CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Best Thing I've Done For Myself in a Long Time


I've gotten so burned out doing the single mom thing for so long, trying to keep up with a seemingly endless list of things that need to be done last week, not having time to call friends or not being able to get a hold of friends, and the house has gotten only more and more out of control, even though I feel like I'm cleaning all the time.

So, today I had forget about everything else for a while and do something for me. While Marin was preschool, I went to Barnes and Noble to just sit and read! I pulled 5 books off the shelves and got totally lost in those books for three hours, while listening to some of my favorite music on my iPod. It was great! I read about graphic design and watercolor and learned a lot. I hope to buy the books eventually, probably on Amazon.com.

Feeling so much better, I was able to come home to the house that's a wreck and start to get it more under control.

I hope to do some watercolor soon. I've done some watercolor in the past. I don't know a lot about how to do it, but I've come up with a few decent pieces of work. All but one is in storage in Utah. The one above is the one I have with me. It is of Thanksgiving Point, behind our house in Utah.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

You go girl! Nothing like a time out to get your mind and sometimes body in order to get things done.