CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We Are So At Home Here

This evening we went to the park for a surprise birthday party for one of Marin's new friends that she met at soccer last week. It was a lot of fun. Jeff and I chatted with the other parents while Marin waited anxiously with the other kids for Isabella to show up with her family. When she did, Marin was at the head of the pack of kids running to meet Isabella in the middle of the field. Marin ran with arms wide open and gave Isabella a big hug. It was so cute! There was so much excitement among the kids as they ran to the playground to play, then came to the pavilion for cake, and then ran back to the playground. All three of us really had a great time! We are so happy here!
We really enjoyed walking around this evening, to and from dinner at the Community Club, to the park, and then to lodging in the dark and the quiet rain. It smelled so good outside, and felt so peaceful.

We would have taken pictures, but it was already getting too dark. The sun sets here at about 6:50 PM and is totally dark by 7:30. Then it's already getting light at 4:30 AM and 9:00 AM looks like noonday. It's really different here. I wonder if Japan got confused on what time zone they're actually in. I really have no idea. I'm curious to see how early it gets dark and light in the winter!

Anyway, we are very, very excited to be here. There is so much for us to do, learn, and explore! Jeff's leadership (who he will work for when finished in processing) are totally laid back, relaxed, and very excited to have him working for them. And me? Well, I'm not sure yet what I'll spend most of my time doing, but I am very excited about many opportunities and possibilities. This is a dream come true for us, to live in a foreign country and to immerse ourselves in the culture, and this is a great country to do it in. We are already very at home here.

1 comments:

Marrian said...

I'm so excited that you are liking it there and having a good time. I'm so ready to live in the STates again, although I'm LOVING it here in our new area of Germany. I think the people around you influence your experience so much and we have been soooo blessed to be surrounded by awesome people!
I can't wait to see more pics of Japan.